The Threat of Drug and Alcohol Addiction to Mankind
From Hijacking The Brain
- After millions of years of evolution, we are faced with a substantial challenge to our survival as a human species; drug and alcohol addiction.
- Every day, millions of people struggle with addiction and millions more watch with feelings of hopelessness, as addiction coldly and systematically destroys the lives of their loved ones.
- Innocent lives are put at risk by reckless intoxicated addicts with often-horrific consequences.
- Addiction is a disease, a worldwide epidemic with evolutionary biological, psychological and social ramifications.
- Although many organizations have amassed countless survey results and miles of pages of data relating to the effects of drug addictions and alcoholism on society, this information cannot even begin to scratch the surface of the devastation and hopelessness felt by addicts and their families on a daily basis.
- When a family is struck with addiction, the effects go far beyond numbers and statistics.
- The emotions of failure, depression, anger, disparity, confusion and sheer terror that addiction inflicts on its victims and their families are not something any statistic can accurately describe.
- We can do all we can to educate the public on addiction, but most will tell you that until you go through it, or watch a loved one go through it, there is no way to fully encompass the true effects of drug addiction and alcoholism.
NEED HELP WITH SUBSTANCE ABUSE? CONTACT US!